Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spreading blog love

I was given a "Your blog is fabulous" award. It sure is flattering, but it comes with a catch. Here is what I have to do:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.
2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which you think are fabulous.
3. Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blogs.
5. Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.


I think it's a good chance for you to know me a bit better, so I'm going to show you my favorite blogs outside the polish bottle (so to speak) as well.

Here we go:

1. Scrangie. She is fabulous, simply put. Perfect pictures, perfect writing, brutally honest in her reviews. At some point I was sure she was a virtual creation of several marketing companies - but no, she's real. Yes, I do have a girl crush on her.

2. Polish Addict. Look at these nails, people!

3. Siobhan. Konad Queen. Do I need to say more?

4. Dr. Frankenpolish. Amanda makes stunning custom polishes.

5. You might be surprised, but I have some other body parts in addition to the nails. For instance, I have hair. It's black. It's curly. And finicky. It reacts to humidity, dew points, wind, sunshine, bird chirping, rain and whatnot. The best blog for all us, curlies is Live Curly, Live Free. The most interesting curl information, written by a professional in a simple English.

6. The College Curly - the very first curly blog I've ever read. It's like a first love, y'know? Laura has the most awesome guide to Curly Girl method ever written.

7. The next Best Thing To Going Shopping Yourself - covers all my makeup needs, and then some. Swatches are enabling. Yes, Karla is uber-enabler.

8. The Chic and Green blog. Amazing recipes for homemade bath and body goodies (check out DIY tag); wonderful reviews.

9. Pittsburgh Curly - yet another curly (duh!) blog, with a science twist. Great post about misterious dew points.

10. Daily Curl - curly digest; self explanatory.

Picking my nominees was not an easy job. I do read and enjoy all the blogs in my blog roll, no exceptions. I was just trying to show you my "nailless" side.

Note to nominees - I know that many of you are really busy, so feel free to disregard the reward conditions; just know that I read your blogs and appreciate your efforts.